The Foundation Child’s Scientific Committee is composed of seven members who are part of international renowned Universities and institutions.
The main role of the Scientific Committee is to support the Foundation’s research activity and spread the Foundation’s tenets in their respective fields.
The Scientific Committee’s members are listed below:
• Prof. Fabio Macciardi – He is Professor of Molecular Psychiatry, Psychiatry & Human Behavior in the School of Medicine at the University of California, Irvine. He is also Associate Professor at University of Milan. He achieved a Master Degree at the University of Milan and a PhD in Psychiatric Genetics at the University of Catania, Italy.
• Prof. Marco Battaglia – He is Psychiatrist-in-Chief focused on Developmental Psychopathology at the Department of NeuroSciences, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan. He is also Associate Professor of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Director of the International PhD Course in Developmental Psychopathology at the Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milan.
• Prof. Bennett Leventhal - M.D, is Deputy Director of the of the NY State Office of Mental Health's Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research. Dr. Leventhal is the Irving B. Harris Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, emeritus, at the University of Chicago and Professor of Disability and Human Development at the University of Illinois, Chicago. He is also an adjunct Professor of Psychiatry at Yonsei University in Seoul, Korea
• Prof. Sergio Bernasconi – He is Chairman of the Dept. of Pediatrics at the University of Parma, Italy. He published about 253 peer reviewed papers mainly related to Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, Growth, and Clinical Genetics. He is member of various scientific organizations – such as the Italian Society of Pediatrics (SIP), the European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE), and the Italian Society for Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology (SIEDP), and he is Editor in Chief of the Italian Journal of Pediatrics.
• Prof. Luciano Cavallo - He is Ordinary Professor of Pediatrics at University of Bari, Italy. He is specialized in Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology. He is Director of the Department of Biomedicine of developmental age. He is also Director of the Pediatric Hospitals B. Trambusti and S. Maggiore within the Policlinics of Bari, Italy.
• Prof. Gianni Bona – He is Director of the Pediatric Clinic of Novara and Ordinary Professor of Pediatrics at University of Western Piedmont "A. Avogadro", Italy. He is ordinary member of the Endocrine Society, the European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE), and the Italian Society of Pediatrics (SIP). Prof. Bona’s research activity has produced about 630 publications mainly related to Nuclear Medicine, Pediatric Endocrinology, genetics and Social Pediatrics.
• Prof. Philippe Jeammet – He is Director of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Institut Mutualiste Montsouris in Paris. He is also President of the Ecole des Parents et des Educateurs d'Ile de France.